Friday 30 January 2009

If I Were a Boy...

Years ago, I was given an homework assignment in which I had to ask my mum what name she would have bestowed upon me if I were a boy.

"Sebastian."


Really?

Now, I constantly imagine what I would look and be like if I were Sebastian. Probably a Dandy, a poet, a lover, a gypsy, with total disregard for the status quo. Poet shirts, jodphurs and the occasional top hat would be de rigueur in my wardrobe. My breath would smell of absinthe and my fingers stained with ink from penning memoirs and love letters to my muse. I would constantly travel to romantic places like Paris, the Bavaria, Prague, the beaches of Santorini and the villas of Tuscany, where I immerse myself in food, drink and poetry.

I think I would look like this:

I think, therefor I am.


1 comment:

  1. Something tells me Sebastian would also spend time in New Orleans...I think I saw him in Jackson Square...

    ReplyDelete