Thursday 16 April 2009

Rhinestone Diva

The reason I called my blog, "Confessions of a Rhinestone Diva" is to honour my obsession of everything sparkly. Since I can't afford diamonds, at least not yet, I collect vintage rhinestone jewelry. The are also a lot more fun to acquire. I get them from antique or vintage stores and Ebay. My favourite is anything made by Weiss (1942-1971). As a matter of fact, my very first rhinestone purchase was a pair of Weiss crystal AB earrings from my favourite vintage store. Needless to say, the addiction started there.

These are some of the fabulous-ness that I am currently bidding on Ebay. I just won the black bracelet, to go with my bracelet and earring set. The black or jet rhinestone jewelry was used as "mourning" jewelry. Frankly, my black brooch looks stunning against my red wiggle dress. I am crossing my fingers on the other two. Just in time for spring!





No comments:

Post a Comment